Looking for an lively and informative business speaker for your next event, conference or trade show? Then take a look at what small business and promotional marketing expert Heidi Thorne, Thorne Communications LLC, can bring to your business association or chamber of commerce in the videos and webinars featured below.
Heidi offers your audience real world, practical marketing tactics and ideas that can be put to use right away. Her “Promo With Purpose” concept analyzes both the market and the marketer for creating more effective promotions and sales efforts. Though principles discussed can be universally applied, most presentations are geared for those in the B2B (business to business) arena.
If you’re ready to book an event with Heidi right now… Click here for a list of currently available topics and fees
HEIDI INTRODUCES HER PROMO WITH PURPOSE MARKETING CONCEPT
Twitter Basics Seminar (iConnect Networking event held at Illinois Institute of Technology Rice Campus)
WEBINARS AND ONLINE EVENTS
Don’t have the budget to do live events? No problem! Heidi is available for your online event or webinar, too! Note that many of the following presentations require registration and login (free) to view from archive.
- Content Marketing Secrets to Build Your Competitive Advantage (BrightTalk)
- Social Media for B2B: Avoiding the ROI Black Hole (BrightTalk)
- Marketing with Video for B2B (BrightTalk)
- Social Selling: The Art of Doing Business on Social Media (BrightTalk)
- PromoKitchen Podcast on Promotional Products Industry
- INXPO Social Business TV – Thought Leaders Live Program on Mobile Marketing for Small and Medium Size Businesses (SMB) (Register at INXPOTV to view free)
- Tradeshow Insights YES Challenge: Creative Ideas for Promotions (audio only)
- Chicago Southland Convention & Visitors Bureau
- BrightTalk Webinars and Videos for Professional Communities
- INXPO TV Social Business TV Thought Leaders Live
- Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) Shows in Orlando, Dallas, San Diego and New York
- Plumbing and Mechanical Contractors Authority of Northern Illinois (PAMCANI)
- Montgomery (IL) Economic Development Council
- Carol Stream (IL) Chamber of Commerce
- Hinsdale Oak Brook (IL) Rotary
- National Association of the Remodeling Industry, Chicago Chapter
- Event Camp Vancouver (via Skype)
- iConnect (Networking Group in Chicago’s West Suburbs)
- 5 Years Teaching Experience at the College Level
BOOKS BY HEIDI THORNE
HEIDI THORNE’S AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- 2013 ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute) Hot List for Promotional Product Industry
- March 2013 Top 100 Small Business Experts to Follow on Twitter
- December 2013 Top 100 Small Business Experts to Follow on Twitter
- 2012 Industry Voice Award from Promo Labs (promotional products industry)
- 2010 Influential Women in Business Honoree by The Business Ledger (now Daily Herald Business Ledger)
READY TO HIRE HEIDI FOR YOUR NEXT EVENT?
Prior to contacting, please review the following suggestions and requirements. Then to begin discussing a presentation for your group, please contact Thorne Communications LLC by completing the form at the bottom of the page, including date and location of your event and any special requirements.
IDEAL AUDIENCES. Heidi’s presentations are ideally suited for the following audiences:
- Industry and Business Associations, Nonprofits or Groups whose members are business owners or those who sell to small business owners
- Events or Expos Geared for Small Business Owners
- Networking Groups (i.e. women’s business networking, Meetup groups)
- Business & Professional Institutes at colleges and universities
- Chambers of Commerce
- Convention and Visitors Bureau Members
- Economic Development Councils
- Civic Service Organizations (i.e. Rotary)
- Sales Teams who sell to Small Business Owners
CURRENTLY AVAILABLE TOPICS. Most presentations can be completed in 1 to 2 hours and can be edited to fit your available time frame.
- Marketing the Promo With Purpose Way. Save time, money and your brand by learning how to use the Promo With Purpose principles for your next promotional project or sales campaign.
- Competitive Analysis for Small Business. Whether marketing online or offline, sizing up the competitive landscape is critical. Discover obvious and not so obvious competitors, as well as ways to ignore or even partner with them to build a small business. Special emphasis is on B2B (business to business).
- Make Some Green While Going Green. Cuts through all the green hype to help businesses and events choose appropriate eco friendly promotions that won’t break the bank.
- Social Selling on Twitter. Discusses the art of doing business and marketing on Twitter. Heidi shares her experience in gaining new clients and opportunities using this microblogging social media network.
- Marketing to Millennials. Addresses the frustrations Baby Boomers and Generation X face when marketing and selling to Millennials, also known as Generation Y. Helps marketers gain a better understanding of these younger audiences, including a brief look at what to expect from what’s next: Generation Z.
- What are You “Looking” For? A facilitation workshop for those who are looking for a new perspective on business issues. It can be done for groups of individuals working on their own businesses OR as a group session to work on a common problem a group is facing. Based on Heidi’s “Looking” Questions book (purchase will be required for each workshop attendee), a series of thought provoking questions will help draw out new insights and directions. To optimize interaction, a group size of no more than 20 participants and a minimum of 2 hours is recommended. Special rates apply for this workshop; see Fees below for details.
FEES. Normal speaking engagement fees start at $495 per presentation hour for one of the standard presentations listed above under Currently Available Topics (except for “What Are You “Looking” For? workshop which is $995 for up to a 2-hour session), plus all travel expenses which may include a daily travel fee for events outside the Chicago area. For any customization of the standard presentations, or a completely custom presentation, preparation and research fees will also be charged (custom quoted based on your needs). For virtual and online presentations, same hourly rate and all other fees apply.
Client is responsible for providing necessary audio-visual equipment including projector (VGA connection required onsite), screen, microphones, sound system and printed handouts (if needed). If event is online, client is responsible for securing online presentation platform and providing speaker with login links at least 2 weeks prior to event date for testing purposes.
For in-person events, a small table for display and sale of Heidi’s books and other materials will be needed. For virtual events, a link to Heidi’s site for sales of books and services will be required in all pre and post-event promotional materials.
A signed written agreement (will be provided at time of booking) and 50% deposit of presentation fee will be required to confirm speaking engagement; balance is due on arrival at the event and prior to beginning of presentation. A cancellation fee of 50% of the booked presentation fee, plus any expenses incurred up to the date of cancellation, will be charged if cancellation is received 30 days or more prior to event date. If cancellation occurs less than 30 days prior to the event date, a 100% cancellation fee of the booked presentation fee, plus any expenses incurred up to the date of cancellation, will be charged.
SCHEDULING. A lead time of 60 days minimum prior to the event date is required. For any event booked less than 60 days in advance, a rush fee of 50% of the normal presentation fee will be charged in addition to the normal presentation fee.
After submitting your request, we will get back to you to discuss as soon as we are able. We look forward to working with you!
Please complete the following form to connect with Heidi Thorne and her team about writing or speaking.