Dr. Heidi Thorne, MBA/DBA, is a business speaker and author with over 25 years of combined experience in sales and advertising, including over 15 years as editor and advertising director of a trade newspaper covering the plumbing and mechanical contracting trades. In addition to two advanced business degrees (MBA/DBA), Heidi also has five years of experience teaching at the college level. Her business, Thorne Communications LLC, was also a promotional products distributor for 17 years.
Heidi has been an active blogger since 2010, and is the author of several business print books, eBooks, and audio books on small business and self publishing. Her goal is to help authors avoid embarrassing and expensive mistakes when self publishing.
As a professional business speaker, Heidi has done presentations on sales, social media, and self publishing with many business associations and chambers of commerce. She now hosts a regular audio and video podcast, The Heidi Thorne Show, where she discusses self publishing news and views. Heidi has also been a guest on many podcasts and educational webinars over the years. As well, she shares her knowledge and experience through her online courses on Udemy.
- Books and eBooks on Amazon
- Audio books on Audible
- The Heidi Thorne Show podcast on iTunes, Podbean, and YouTube
- Udemy courses
Heidi Thorne’s Awards and Recognitions
- Holds Masters and Doctorate of Business Administration (MBA, DBA) degrees
- April 2015 #10 in Top 25 Social Media Influencers in the Promotional Products Industry by Quality Certification Alliance
- 2013 ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute) Hot List for Promotional Product Industry
- 2012 Industry Voice Award from Promo Labs (promotional products industry)
- 2010 Influential Women in Business Honoree by The Business Ledger (now Daily Herald Business Ledger)