Dr. Heidi Thorne, MBA/DBA, is the author of several nonfiction print books, eBooks, and audio books on small business and self publishing, and she has been an active business blogger since 2010. Her goal is to help authors avoid embarrassing and expensive mistakes when self publishing.
As a professional business speaker, Heidi has done presentations on sales, social media, and self publishing for many business associations and chambers of commerce. She now hosts a regular audio and video podcast, The Heidi Thorne Show, where she discusses self publishing news and views. Heidi has also been a guest on many podcasts and educational webinars over the years. As well, she shares her knowledge and experience through her online courses on Udemy.
- Books and eBooks on Amazon
- Audio books on Audible
- The Heidi Thorne Show podcast on Apple Podcasts, Podbean, Spotify, and YouTube
- YouTube channel
- Udemy courses
In addition to her self publishing pursuits, Heidi has over 25 years of combined experience in sales and advertising, including over 15 years as editor and advertising director of a trade newspaper covering the plumbing and mechanical contracting trades. In addition to two advanced business degrees (MBA/DBA), she also has five years of experience teaching at the college level. Her business, Thorne Communications LLC, was also a promotional products distributor for 17 years.
Heidi Thorne’s Awards and Recognitions
- Holds Masters and Doctorate of Business Administration (MBA, DBA) degrees
- April 2015 #10 in Top 25 Social Media Influencers in the Promotional Products Industry by Quality Certification Alliance
- 2013 ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute) Hot List for Promotional Product Industry
- 2012 Industry Voice Award from Promo Labs (promotional products industry)
- 2010 Influential Women in Business Honoree by The Business Ledger (now Daily Herald Business Ledger)