Looking for a lively and informative business speaker for your next event, conference or trade show? Does your audience include coaches (life coaches, business coaches, executive coaches, etc.) and consultants? Then take a look at what Dr. Heidi Thorne, Thorne Communications LLC, can bring to your business events in the videos and webinars featured below.
Heidi offers your audience practical, real world self publishing, content marketing and branding ideas that can be put to use right away, including her “Promo With Purpose” concept which analyzes both the market and the marketer for creating more effective promotions and marketing efforts.
“Heidi Thorne is the expert at helping authors find their audience. She’ll cut out the long process and speed you on your way to being a successful author.” Jon-David, “The Mafia Hairdresser,” author and social media expert
What attendees are saying about Heidi…
- “Thanks for a content-rich, well-delivered program on self publishing.” — Lillian Bjorseth, Duoforce Enterprises
- “Heidi did such a professional presentation jam packed with such insightful information, all without notes!” — Goldie Matthew
- “Thank you, Heidi Thorne, for sharing so much valuable information. You are an amazing speaker connecting with everyone in the entire room. Maybe I will think about my children’s book that I tucked away many years ago.” — Sharon Dye
- “Thank you for presenting the most excellent author option, self publishing. Your presentation encouraged everyone who wants to share their story that they can publish their book successfully!” — Jackie Wellwood
If you’re ready to book an event with Heidi right now… Click here for a list of currently available topics
Twitter Basics Seminar (iConnect Networking event held at Illinois Institute of Technology Rice Campus)
HEIDI INTRODUCES HER PROMO WITH PURPOSE MARKETING CONCEPT
- Nonfiction Authors Association (Chapter Leader)
- Chicago Women in Publishing
- Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) Shows in Orlando, Dallas, San Diego and New York
- Skucon Chicago
- Women Entrepreneurs Secrets of Success (WESOS)
- Community Sanctuary (Writers Workshop)
- SCORE Chicago
- Chambers of Commerce and Civic Organizations (IL): Carol Stream, Geneva, Hinsdale, Montgomery, Westchester, Willowbrook/Burr Ridge
- West Suburban Small Business Support & Mastermind Group (Chicago)
- Chicago Southland Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Plumbing and Mechanical Contractors Authority of Northern Illinois (PAMCANI)
- National Association of the Remodeling Industry, Chicago Chapter
- 5 Years Teaching Experience at the College Level
BOOKS BY HEIDI THORNE
WEBINARS AND ONLINE EVENTS
Don’t have the budget to do live events? No problem! Heidi is available for your online event or webinar, too! Note that some of the following presentations require registration and login to view from archive.
- Self Publishing: Get that Book or Ebook Done! Blab-cast with Jon-David
- Podcast on Building a Self Publishing Empire with Dan Holohan
- Podcast on Using Self Publishing to Build a Consulting Practice with Adrian Segar
- Podcast on Traditional Publishing with author Traci Browne
- Business Life Transitions Podcast Discussing Coaching and Books with Brian Basilico
- Right Where You Are Podcast with Tammy Helfrich
- Engagement: A Marketing Odyssey (BrightTalk)
- SalesBabble.com Podcast, Image, Message, Story
- Content Marketing Secrets to Build Your Competitive Advantage (BrightTalk)
- Social Media for B2B: Avoiding the ROI Black Hole (BrightTalk)
- Marketing with Video for B2B (BrightTalk)
- Social Selling: The Art of Doing Business on Social Media (BrightTalk)
- PromoKitchen Podcast on Promotional Products Industry
- INXPO Social Business TV – Thought Leaders Live Program on Mobile Marketing for Small and Medium Size Businesses (SMB)
- Tradeshow Insights YES Challenge: Creative Ideas for Promotions (audio only)
- Event Camp Vancouver (via Skype)
HEIDI THORNE’S AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Holds Masters and Doctorate of Business Administration (MBA, DBA) degrees
- Chapter Leader, Nonfiction Authors Association (NFAA), DuPage County (IL)
- April 2015 #10 in Top 25 Social Media Influencers in the Promotional Products Industry by Quality Certification Alliance
- October 2014 Top 100 Small Business Experts to Follow on Twitter
- 2013 ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute) Hot List for Promotional Product Industry
- December 2013 Top 100 Small Business Experts to Follow on Twitter
- 2012 Industry Voice Award from Promo Labs (promotional products industry)
- 2010 Influential Women in Business Honoree by The Business Ledger (now Daily Herald Business Ledger)
READY TO HIRE HEIDI FOR YOUR NEXT EVENT?
Prior to contacting, please review the following suggestions and requirements. Then to begin discussing a presentation for your group, please contact Thorne Communications LLC by completing the form at the bottom of the page, including date and location of your event, your speaking budget and any special requirements.
IDEAL AUDIENCES. Heidi’s presentations are ideally suited for the following audiences:
- Industry and Business Associations, Nonprofits or Groups whose members are authors, writers, solopreneurs, coaches and consultants or those who sell to them
- Events or Expos Geared for Authors, Writers, Solopreneurs, Coaches and Consultants
- Networking Groups (i.e. women’s business networking, Meetup groups)
- Business & Professional Institutes at colleges and universities
- Sales Teams who sell to Authors, Writers, Solopreneurs, Coaches and Consultants
CURRENTLY AVAILABLE TOPICS. Most presentations can be completed in 1 to 2 hours and can be edited or expanded to fit your available time frame and education needs.
- Build Your Business, Brand and Fans with Self Publishing! Got a group of speakers, coaches or consultants who are eager to build their expert statuses with self publishing books or blogs? Heidi can lead workshops (short breakout sessions up to multi-day events) that walk budding authors and bloggers through the process of self publishing for success. Can cover a wide variety of self publishing topics based on group need: Writing a book or blog, thought leadership strategies, content marketing, using self publishing platforms (e.g., Amazon Createspace), printing and distribution, marketing with books and blogs, evaluating results and much, much more!
- Networking for Solopreneurs and Self-Employed Consultants. Whether you’re a newbie or just frustrated with the whole networking scene, Heidi offers a wealth of networking wisdom for one-person consulting businesses including a review of networking venues, giving and getting better referrals, best practices, business card tips, and analyzing results.
- Competitive Analysis for Small Business. Whether marketing online or offline, sizing up the competitive landscape is critical. Discover obvious and invisible competitors.
- Marketing the Promo With Purpose Way. Save time, money and your brand by learning how to use the Promo With Purpose principles for your next promotional project or marketing campaign.
FEES. Speaking fees are quoted based on client and event requirements, plus all travel expenses which may include a daily travel fee for events outside the Chicago area. For virtual and online presentations, same speaking fees apply.
Unless otherwise arranged, client is responsible for providing necessary audio-visual equipment including projector (VGA connection required onsite), screen, microphones, sound system and printed handouts (if needed). Additional fees will apply if any of these items will not be provided by client. If event is online, client is responsible for securing online presentation platform and providing speaker with login links at least 2 weeks prior to event date for testing purposes.
For in-person events, a small table for display and sale of Heidi’s books and other materials will be needed. For virtual events, a link to Heidi’s site for sales of books and services will be required in all pre and post-event promotional materials.
A signed written agreement (will be provided at time of booking) and 50% deposit of presentation fee will be required to confirm speaking engagement; balance is due on arrival at the event and prior to beginning of presentation. A cancellation fee of 50% of the booked presentation fee, plus any expenses incurred up to the date of cancellation, will be charged if cancellation is received 30 days or more prior to event date. If cancellation occurs less than 30 days prior to the event date, a 100% cancellation fee of the booked presentation fee, plus any expenses incurred up to the date of cancellation, will be charged.
SCHEDULING. A lead time of 60 days minimum prior to the event date is required. For any event booked less than 60 days in advance, a rush fee of 50% of the normal presentation fee may be charged in addition to the normal presentation fee.
After submitting your request, we will get back to you to discuss as soon as we are able. We look forward to working with you!
Please complete the following form to connect with Heidi Thorne and her team about books, writing, editing or speaking.