Author and nonfiction book editor, Dr. Heidi Thorne, MBA/DBA, has launched a course on the Udemy learning platform titled: How to Self Publish a Nonfiction eBook Like a Pro.
This course is designed for nonfiction authors who have not yet published, or who have been disappointed with previous self publishing efforts. Through a series of videos and additional resources, students will gain insight into self publishing an eBook on the Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing platform, including:
- Questions that need to be answered before self publishing.
- Editing and proofreading.
- Formatting an eBook manuscript with Microsoft Word.
- Using SEO techniques to create a title, subtitle, and book description.
- Creating an eBook cover on the cheap.
- Advertising opportunities available through KDP and Amazon Marketing Services.
- Building an author platform with blogs and social media.
“I remember what it was like when I wanted to get into self publishing,” says Dr. Thorne. “While I had significant experience in media, book and eBook publishing was still a bit foreign. Thankfully, I had some friends who had done their own books and were able to share their tips with me. Not everyone is so lucky. So I decided to collect what I’ve learned in this course so that they can have a ‘friend’ show them the ropes.”
The course is now open for registrations at https://www.udemy.com/how-to-self-publish-a-nonfiction-kindle-ebook-like-a-pro/
Dr. Heidi Thorne is the author of over 20 self published print books and eBooks on the topics of business, self publishing, and marketing. She was a trade newspaper editor for over 15 years and she has over 25 years of combined experience in sales, marketing, and advertising. To learn more about Dr. Thorne, visit www.HeidiThorne.com.