Dr. Heidi Thorne, MBA/DBA, has published a book on public speaking for small businesses titled, Public Speaking to Get Business for Solopreneurs and Self-Employed Consultants, available on Amazon in both print and Kindle eBook editions.
“I was frustrated with most of the books on public speaking I read. They only talked about how to be a better speaker, not how to get or manage speaking gigs. That’s the toughest part! So that’s what motivated me to compile some of the tips and strategies I used over the years to get on stages to showcase my expertise and help get sales leads,” says Dr. Thorne.
Some of the topics covered in the book include:
- Who hires public speakers?
- Why you don’t want to be a “professional” speaker.
- What should you talk about?
- Does public speaking help you sell books? And can your book help you get speaking gigs?
- How many sales leads can you really get from public speaking?
- How to evaluate public speaking opportunities.
- Dealing with unwanted post-presentation consultation requests.
- 20 questions to ask your event host or organizer.
For more information or to purchase the book, visit the product page on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073DTYJSG Members of the press can contact Dr. Thorne for interviews, by visiting heidithorne.com/press-heidi-thorne. Or to find out how to hire Dr. Thorne for speaking engagements, visit heidithorne.com/business-speaker-heidithorne.