- Click here if you are looking for our Online and Self-Directed Programs Terms of Service.
- Click here if you are looking for our Podcast Terms of Service.
© Copyright 2008-2019. Thorne Communications LLC, Heidi Thorne and their licensors. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, recording or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the author(s) and Thorne Communications LLC.
Advertising/Sponsorship Disclosure: This site and other online activities (blogs, social media, etc.) feature advertisements and endorsements for which Thorne Communications LLC and Heidi Thorne are compensated as part of their normal course of business and to fund the operation and maintenance of this site and online activities.
Limit of Liability/Disclaimer of Warranty: The publisher (Thorne Communications LLC and Heidi Thorne) and author(s) have used their best efforts in preparation of the information provided or offered for sale on this site and through their other online activities (blogs, social media, etc.). No representations or warranties for their contents, either expressed or implied, are offered or allowed and both parties disclaim any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for your particular purpose. The advice and strategies presented herein may not be suitable for you, your situation or business. Consult with a professional advisor where and when appropriate. Neither the publisher nor author(s) shall be liable for any loss of profit or any other damages, including but not limited to special, incidental, consequential or punitive, or any other damages whatsoever, arising from or relating to your reliance on this information. So by reading and using the information on this site and online activities of the publisher and author(s), you accept this risk.
The opinions, information, materials expressed or provided by anyone other than Thorne Communications LLC and/or Heidi Thorne (including guest bloggers, podcast guests, commenters, social media followers, social media group members, client testimonials, etc.) are not necessarily the opinion, information or materials of Thorne Communications LLC and/or Heidi Thorne.
Any examples used are for illustrative purposes only and do not suggest affiliation or endorsement.
These terms are subject to change without notice.
YOU ARE HEREBY ADVISED THAT YOUR CONTINUED — USE OF OUR SERVICE CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF ANY AMENDMENTS TO AND THE MOST RECENT VERSION OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT AND THE TERMS OF — USE.
2. Information We Collect. When you use our Website, we may receive and collect certain information. The information that we may receive and collect depends on what you do when you visit our Website.
A. Automatically Collected Information. Some information is automatically received and sometimes collected from you when you visit our Website. This information may include some or all of the following items: the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using and the IP address of your Internet Service Provider; the type and version of Internet browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site, the length of your stay and the specific pages, images, video or forms that you access while visiting the site; the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website, and if applicable, the search engine that referred you and any search strings or phrases that you entered into the search engine to find this site; and demographic information concerning the country of origin of your computer and the language(s) used by it. We use this information to monitor the usage of our Website, assess its performance, ensure technological compatibility with your computer, and understand the relative importance of the information provided on our Website. We may also use this data to conduct statistical analyses on visitors’ usage patterns and other aggregated data.
A cookie may enable the website owner to track how a visitor navigates through its website and the areas in which they show interest. This is similar to a traffic report: it tracks trends and behaviors, but does not identify individuals. Information gathered may include date and time of visits, pages viewed, time spent at the site, and the website visited just before and just after a visit to our Website.
Cookies can be set to expire: (1) on a specified date; (2) after a specific period of time; (3) when a transaction has been completed; or (4) when a user turns off his/her Internet browser. A cookie that is erased from memory when a visitor’s Internet browser closes is called a “session” cookie. Cookies that expire based on a time set by the Web server are called “persistent” cookies.
C. Information You May Actively Submit Through Our Website. For most of the browsing on our Website, we neither require nor collect “User Information.” User Information is information that could personally identify you, for example, your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and credit card information. You can browse our Website and take as much time as you want to review our services without having to submit such User Information. In the following instances, however, we do need you to actively submit User Information when: (1) you want to contact us via electronic means or website submission; (2) you make a purchase from one of our e-commerce stores; (3) you enter a contest or sweepstakes, if one is available; (4) you join our customer loyalty programs and/or email lists; or (5) you wish to open an account and post content to our site. E-mail or other forms of electronic communication, including website submission, are not secure and/or confidential means of communication.
3. Security. Although we will make our best efforts to protect the security of your User Information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, and we cannot ensure against any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration, or destruction of data, we take reasonable precautions to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
4. E-mail Communications. When you send an email to us, or provide your email address to us, you are communicating with us electronically and consent to receive communication from us electronically. We may retain the content of the email, your email address, and our response in order to service your needs. We may use the data that you provide to send you email or correspondence via other means.
5. How We Use and Share User Information. We may use your personal or User Information (collectively, “Information”) that you actively submit to better assist you when you visit or call us again and to send you special offers that may be of interest to you. We do this by general marketing communications for our services, including by regular mail and e-mail, (collectively, “Marketing Communications”). Unless you “opt-out” through opportunities available to you through our Marketing Communications, we may send you Marketing Communications. Except where we otherwise obtain your express permission, we share your Information with third parties only under the limited circumstances stated below:
A. Information is subject to disclosure in response to judicial or other governmental subpoenas, warrants and court orders served on us in accordance with their terms, as otherwise required by applicable law, or in response to requests by law enforcement;
C. Information may be disclosed to carefully selected third-party service providers, including our suppliers and support vendors, in order to provide services to you, such as to complete and manage orders and contracts; provide customer service; send or email Marketing Communications; maintain our customer loyalty program and database and other programs; monitor the activity of our Website; conduct surveys; and administer contests or sweepstakes. We will share your Information with our carefully selected third-party services providers on a confidential basis. These service providers are prohibited from using your Information for any purpose other than providing our services.
D. Information may be disclosed to process credit card transactions. In this case these transactions are handled by established third party banking, processing agents and distribution institutions. They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process your order. In addition, we may disclose Information to third parties to verify the authenticity of any financial transaction involving our company or its subsidiaries.
6. Linking to Third-Party Website. When you click on links through our Service that takes you to third-party websites, you will be subject to the third parties’ privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, we cannot be responsible for the actions of any third-party websites. We encourage you to read the posted privacy policies of any and every website you visit, whether you are linking from our Website or browsing on your own.
8. California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to thornecomm @ gmail.com.
- Send an email with your request and current contact information to thornecomm @ gmail.com. Or use our Contact Form.
- By mail to Thorne Communications LLC, c/o Best, Vanderlaan & Harrington (LLC registered agent), 25 E. Washington St., Suite 800, Chicago, IL 60602 USA.